This page is for Bully Pit Bull that we will be retiring from our program. Upon adoption, they must be spayed or neutered before leaving our facilities. Please check this page if you are looking for a new family member or companion.
The following is the preliminary step in adopting one of our canine orphans. We have been adopting out animals for several years and have found it necessary to lay out the following guidelines, to get a better insight into you and your family and to determine which dog would be best for all involved.
We don’t mean to insult anyone or invade anyone’s privacy, but judging from experience, these questions we ask on our adoption application are necessary. If you choose not to answer any one of the following questions, please feel free to ask us about it and we will be more than happy to explain the necessity of that question.
The following will give you an idea of what we expect in our potential adopters.
- Our adoption fee is $500.00. For your adoption fee, the dog will be spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated.
- All our dogs are spayed/neutered. DO NOT ASK US FOR AN UN-ALTERED DOG!
- We are hesitant to adopt out our adult dogs into homes where there are existing small dogs. It’s just not something we “recommend” although we have had some successful adoptions in this capacity. We will consider it if certain circumstances arise, but we do recommend puppies for this situation.
- CATS – This means if YOU have a cat(s) in your home and you want to adopt a dog from us. Unfortunately, we no longer feel comfortable doing these types of adoptions. We do not have the proper set up for our dogs to live with a cat to ensure their compatibility. And because we care about your feline friend too….we just do not want to take any chances in causing emotionally and/or physically harm to either your cat or our dog. We would recommend you work with a rescue group closer to where you live so if things do not work out, then it is less stressful for everyone involved.
- ADOPTING WHEN YOU HAVE AN EXISTING DOG…PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. This seems to be where people get very confused. AGAIN…READ CAREFULLY. PIT BULL ADOPTIONS: This means you either want to adopt a Pit Bull type dog from us OR you have a Pit Bull type dog in your home already. If either is the case, we DO ALLOW these types of adoptions only with certain dogs. This is for the following reason…. Due to this breed’s sometimes inherent dog to dog aggression, it’s hard enough to make two dogs get along, let alone several.
- If you do have an existing dog, you MAY be asked to bring him/her up to our facility to meet your potential new adopted dog.
- If you live in an apartment, condo, townhouse or home owner’s association complex, verify with the management that you can have a Pit Bull and not just any type of dog. Many insurance companies are now denying home owners’ insurance companies to rent to people with this breed of dog.
- We will not adopt our dog to you, if your plans are to make it a “service dog”. With too many people fraudulently obtaining “service dog vests” or fake “service dog trainers”, we do not want our dog put into a situation that he/she may not be qualified for.
OUT OF STATE ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS
WE DO NOT ADOPT OUT OF THE COUNTRY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CANADA. THAT’S RIGHT….CANADA, WE ARE READY TO ADOPT TO YOU!
We adopt dogs out of state, but the following restrictions apply:
- We DO NOT fly our dogs. Each adopted dog is driven personally by one of our staff right to your door.
- We will ask you to email/mail photo of your yard/home prior to our staff bringing any dog.
- A physical home-check will be done upon arrival.
- If you have an existing dog in your home, you may be asked to bring your dog to our facility to meet our dog to ensure that the dogs will get along (obviously this is for our local adopters). Please understand that this will still be based on a case by case situation. We are not comfortable with doing long-distance adoptions where there is an existing dog due to the fact that if at any given time, if the dogs stop getting along, then the task of getting our dog back will be costly for us and stressful for our dog… BUT we will at least explore the option So, to clarify, we do “existing dog in the home” adoptions BUT there are certain restrictions
- “LONG” DISTANCE ADOPTIONS – Most of our adoptions are all throughout the country. Shipping cost is case by case situation and is at adopters expense. We are more than happy for you to come meet and pick up in person.
- Adoption fee – $500.00